"I drifted into acting and drifted out.
Acting isn't everything. Living is."
Irene Marie Dunne December 20.1898 - September 04.1990
American actress and singer
Welcome to The Irene Dunne Site - the place for all Irene Dunne related information!
What's new - 07.13.14
- added 9 photos from 1950 , all taken during Irene's stay in Europe.
What's new - 06.28.14
- added 6 publicities for "When Tomorrow Comes" (1939)
What's new - 06.12.14
- added a Motion Picture article from March 1937 that is way more interesting than its title. Irene Dunne on her on a "common-sense basis organized" career, about clever film career set-ups and sanity and comedy.
What's new - 05.15.14
- added 6 photos from "The White Cliffs Of Dover"(1944)
What's new - 04.26.14
- added a "Motion Picture" article from September 1934. Irene Dunne in person tells about "My Design for Living" and wouldn't you know, this lady is once again full of surprises...
What's new - 03.02.14
- added a Motion Picture article from July 1938, "She Gets Away With
"Moider"" Kay Proctor on Irene's "stellar insubordination"
Just an info - 02.27.14
Warner Archive just released "Show Boat." I am grateful that this classic found its way on DVD at last, but dissapointed that it's only
a MOD Warner Archive disc. What about this rumored blu-ray box-set with the three versions of "Show Boat?"
What's new - 02.17.14
- added 12 photos from "Joy Of Living"(1938)
What's new - 02.16.14
- added an article from the mag "Hollywood" from July 1938:
"No Sooner Said Than Dunne!" James Reid on the impulsive sides of Miss Dunne
including chasing cars and turning cartwheels... and the article offers yet another version of the elevator trip with Florenz Ziegfeld that ultimately brought Irene to
What's new - 01.15.14
Some additions to the TV page:
- one publicity and a short article that explains Irene's part in this production ,"'Playhouse of Stars' To Present Irene Dunne", to the entry for "Schlitz Playhouse"(1952)
- a little trip down the TV memory lane "Irene Dunne Sparks Exhibit of New Cars" Irene provided the "charming and elegant thread of continuity throughout the show" (Easter Parade of Stars, 1954)
- a photo gallery to the entry for Dateline Disneyland(1955); Irene christened the Mark Twain, the park's steamwheeler.
- and two photos from "Go Fight City Hall"(1962)
And on a personal note - does someone have ANY of these Schlitz Playhouse appearances? If so, PLEASE contact me! :-)