"I drifted into acting and drifted out.
Acting isn't everything. Living is."
Irene Marie Dunne December 20.1898 - September 04.1990
American actress and singer
Welcome to The Irene Dunne Site - the place for all Irene Dunne related information!
What's new - 12.08.13
- added a Motion Picture article from November 1938 "The New Side to IRENE
DUNNE" 'Mimi darleen" spoke with Ida Zeitlin on the set of "The Awful Truth" but the infos provided would time-wise better fit to the set of
What's new - 11.10.13
publicity for "Magnificent Obsession" - shot for "Universal Fashion News"
and here are a couple of Dunne on-screen moments we've missed!
What's new - 11.02.13
This time you'll get not only one but two Irene Dunnes:
- added a Motion Picture article from September 1935 "Irene Dunne Leads Two
What's new - 10.27.13
- added 7 misc. photos from 1940
What's new - 10.20.13
- added 11 photos from "Love Affair"(1939)
What's new - 10.13.13
- added an article from "The Notre Dame Alumnus" - the bi-monthly magazine published by the University of Notre Dame:
"Irene Dunne Receives Laetare Medal" from the July-August 1949 issue. On YouTube is a video with Irene Dunne clips which starts with the news reel from this occasion but unfortunately it's without audio. However, after reading this article you'll know what Irene said. (Thanks to Masha for the article!)
What's new - 09.30.13
- added a Motion Picture article from July 1939 in which Irene gives some matrimonial advice:
Such a pity that there's no part two: "What Not To Discuss With Your Wife" by Frank Griffin.
What's new - 09.04.2013
- added 10 photos from "Penny Serenade" (1941)
What's new - 08.26.13
- added a Saturday Evening Post article from June 1932 titled "She Made A Hole In One" by Frank Conden; a facetious piece on the uprising new star, not yet ultimately established as "lady" but already as "champion of the golf club." (Thanks for this article, Masha!)
What's new - 08.14.13
- added a Motion Picture article from June 1941 titled "She Owes It All To Them". Hollis Court talked with Irene about the nine women who "have made up such a character-forming and inspirational background in Irene Dunne's life"
And if you'd like to know more about the influences that shaped Irene Dunne, follow Matthew C. Hoffman on his beautiful and impressing "Irene Dunne Pilgrimage" to Madison.
What's new - 08.04.13
- added 9 different ads: 4 movie ads from the 30s, one from the 40s; one promo ad from the 40s and three from the 50s.